What do I need to consider when buying a phone?
Five questions to ask yourself before you buy.
Nearly everyone has a mobile phone, with the vast majority being smartphones. There is very little they can’t do, and we simply couldn’t imagine life without them.
Are you thinking of upgrading to a better phone? Making that first step into smartphone technology? Here are five questions you need to ask yourself before you decide:
How important is my phone camera?
It’s been a long time since phones just made calls and sent messages. A phone’s camera is now a key feature. Keep in mind that more megapixels don’t always mean a better camera. Check out all the camera’s features, and whether it lets you record videos in good quality.
How much battery life will I need?
Battery life is a key thing to consider when buying a phone. Ask yourself: How much do you use your phone? When you do, is it to stream videos and play apps for hours on end? These things can drain battery life very quickly, so look at the mAh and other specifications.
What memory storage will I require?
Memory often gets taken up by apps, so check how many you think you’ll need. If it’s a lot, then you may need up to 64GB memory. If not, then you may be ok with 16GB or 32GB. Some phones may even support Micro SD cards to use as external storage.
What type of display do I need?
The size and quality of the display is a key consideration and depends on how you use your phone. Stream videos? Watch movies? Then the display will need to big enough to view them on. But keep in mind, bigger screens mean bigger phones, so check the overall size!
How much money do I want to spend?
Probably the most important question. You don’t want to overspend, but you don’t want to miss out on what you need. Weigh up your options and take your time. Prioritise what is most important for how you use your phone. We’re sure you’ll make the right decision!
Showing 12 of 12 results.
- See caller ID on the outer screen. Flip the phone closed to end calls
- Large buttons keypad and an emergency contact button
- Up to 28 days of standby time from a single charge
- Pre-loaded Facebook and WhatsApp. WiFi hotspot functionality
- Waterproof & dust proof
- Anti-slip grip
- Outstanding battery power
- Waterproof to 1.5m
- New island keymat with separated keys for greater usability
- Tough polycarbonate shell
- Standard headphone jack and MicroUSB charging port
- Improved 1.8" QQVGA display
- Single and dual-SIM models available
- FREE Delivery Available
- A13 Bionic chip: everything feels fluid, whether you
- Advanced camera system with A13 Bionic brings you Portrait mode, which artfully blurs the background to put the focus on your subject
- Smart HDR knows a face when it sees one and intelligently relights it to capture more natural-looking contours and skin tones
- 4K video means you
- Touch ID lets you securely unlock your iPhone and sign in to apps instantly
- Water-resistant to 1 meter for 30 minutes: survives splashes, sloshes, sprinkles, sprays, splatters, and spills
- Take photos and videos with the built-in camera
- FM Radio and MP3 player
- Bluetooth connectivity
- A retro classic, refreshed for 2020
- A battery that lasts for weeks
- Powerful dual speakers
- FREE Delivery Available